Recently I attended BlogHer
, an annual blogging conference for women. I also participated in the first ever BlogHer Flashmob
, thanks to the founders of Rock On Mommies
and The Mama Mary Show
, oh and Ms. Christina from Mommy Loves Coffee
for dragging me along – it was LOTS of fun, thanks ladies! While at BlogHer...I met many of the writers, bloggers and moms that Summer Infant has been connecting with over the years, and also met new ones, including Everyday Mama
, the mama that inspired this post. Recently, she started a Blog Hop
in which you simply talk about yourself for a little while vs. your children, your family and the struggles and joys of everyday life. Rather intrigued, I decided to join in. However, to be honest, I found coming up with 25 interesting
things about myself to be quite difficult (yet fun), so here it goes…
1) I don't have a middle name, weird I know, especially since my brother and sisters all have one.
2) I am petrified of spiders. I really don’t like any insects of any kind, but spiders are the worst.
3) I originally wanted to go to school for architecture and interior design, but wound up graduating with a degree in Business Administration with a focus in Marketing.
4) I have 12 nieces and nephews, one on the way, and more to come I'm sure.
5) I was a cheerleader in high school (captain actually) and loved it.
6) I LOVE drinking coffee on my way to work, but as soon as I get there I need to brush my teeth again because I don’t like the taste it leaves in my mouth.
7) I wish I enjoyed accessorizing my outfits. Not sure if it’s the time or energy it takes, but I am horrible at it.
8) I thoroughly enjoy pampering myself. I am NOT one of those people that receives a spa gift card and still have it a year later.
9) My eyes are...actually I’m not sure what color they are? Sometimes they’re gray, sometimes green and sometimes hazel.
10) I am not a morning person, but I’m not a night owl either. So what does that make me? I truly need 8 hours of sleep a night to be functional the next day.
11) I wish I had lots and lots of money and could donate my time and money to helping others.
12) I am a super organized person, to the point where my closet is color coded.
13) I used to keep a journal when I was in high school, but not your everyday journal, a journal of what I wore everyday so I wouldn't wear the same thing twice in one month.
14) I am a planner, which can be a good and bad thing sometimes. Maybe it’s the type A in me or that I am a Virgo, but I need to have plans set in advance.
15) I hate being late, rather, I hate being late when I know others are waiting for me.
16) I adore Jennifer Aniston
17) My 2nd toe is longer than my big toe. Oh, and my husband says I have cute feet.
18) I am not a cuddler, although I give great hugs.
19) I’m a Massachusetts native and have never lived anywhere else. That will change – someday!
20) A couple of my secret TV obsessions are Vampire Diaries
, Gossip Girl
. P.S. I’m pretty sure I watch these to keep me young.
21) I had my first job when I was 14 years old – it was cleaning hotel rooms. Yuck.
22) I weighed 10 lbs when I was born and measured 22.5” – sorry mom.
23) I am extremely detailed oriented and I remember 99% of things, except jokes. I can’t tell a good joke, nor can I remember them.
24) My family and friends are everything to me, but that you’ve already learned by reading my other posts
25) I write best with a blue Paper Mate pen! Ha.
Wasn’t that fun? Out of the 25 things, which is most like you?