WOONSOCKET, Rhode Island (October 27, 2010) – Summer Infant, Inc. ("Summer Infant" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: SUMR), a leading developer and distributor of juvenile health, safety, and wellness products is proud to announce that 2010 marks its twenty-fifth anniversary. Since 1985, Summer Infant has been dedicated to delivering The Best Time of Your Life™ to parents and babies worldwide. In celebration of this historic milestone, Summer Infant is premiering a brand new website and has launched its first-ever initiative into the social media space, as well as an online ad campaign. Additionally, the Company reports a successful showing at the juvenile industry’s largest trade show, the ABC Show hosted in Las Vegas, Nevada.
ABC Show Product Showcase Highlights
In a packed show attended by retailers, media, and advocates, among others, the ABC Show proved to be a successful forum for some major product initiatives this year. These include:
Website and Social Media Re-launch
- Car Seats and Travel Systems - In Summer Infant’s first ever press event, the Company announced its entrance into the infant car seat and travel system category with, the Prodigy™. The Prodigy takes direct aim at the fact that 7 out of 10 car seats are installed incorrectly. The seat’s ground-breaking design uses revolutionary electronic technology to ensure a proper fit to the car, correct fit to the child, and overall ease of installation.
- Baby Video Monitors - Summer Infant announced they have updated all of their best-selling color screen baby video monitors to 100% digital technology. Summer Infant continues to exceed industry standards with new features and the latest in technological advances. Taking inspiration from trends in the consumer electronics market and incorporating developing technologies into monitor platforms, the Company will further cement its standing as the leading provider of video monitors with new introductions such as the BabyTouch™ Color Video Monitor – the first touch screen baby video monitor on the market.
- Safety Gates - Taking into account all consumer levels of income, as well as the fact that there are a multitude of home configurations parents need to consider when baby proofing their house, Summer Infant has increased their gate portfolio to make sure all consumer needs are adequately met. Further, in support of this line it is launching an online comparative tool in a few weeks to help parents narrow down their selection to the most appropriate fit for their need.
- Safe Sleep – Over a year ago, Summer Infant set out to develop a comprehensive line of safe sleep products to replace misinformation, fear and anxiety, with practical solutions. Highlighted in the line are the SwaddleMe® and wearable blankets, and the Rest Assured™ Sleeper. In the not too distant past, parents who were looking for safe sleeping solutions for their babies had to resort to creating makeshift and potentially unsafe home remedies. Summer Infant looked at these unsettling options and created a collection that marries safe sleep best practices with a comfortable sleeping environment.
- Travel Accessories – At the show, Summer Infant showcased its expanding line of successful travel accessories to create a complete collection of stroller and car seat accoutrements. From adverse weather conditions to baby’s comfort while travelling, the expanded line serves up thoughtful solutions for everyday travel issues. These smart and savvy products were created to keep baby comfortable, and keep moms and dads happy while on the go. Additionally, each and every car seat accessory in the line was crash tested with all major car seat brands.
In addition to unveiling new products and categories at the show this year, Summer Infant has gone one step further to fully round out its marketing program and voice to the consumer. In today’s marketplace, the need for an open dialogue with consumers is both beneficial to not only fulfilling product needs, but is also crucial to making sure consumers know that the company fully supports its products from idea creation, to manufacture, to sale, to in home support after purchase.
“At Summer Infant, we are governed by the same principles parents are – because we are parents. Specifically, that we make necessary, great functioning, and safe products that replace any care giving anxieties with tools that put parents at ease,” states Jason Macari, President and CEO. “It is not enough for us to just place a product on the shelf and hope for the best. We are always striving to innovate, support, and provide consumers with a higher level of customer service on all fronts. Today, that means being mindful of where our consumers are communicating and being there for them in every possible medium; whether it is online, on the phone, or anywhere emerging technologies take them, we will be there for them as well.”
The new website, launching next week will be located at www.summerinfant.com. It was created from the ground up with consumer, retail, media, and blogger needs in mind. Visitors to the site will find an ever-expanding base of tools to draw from – such as instructional videos, helpful tips and tricks, product demonstrations, live help, deeper search and product locator options, and more. Additionally, Summer Infant has developed a community on their site, anchored by an in-house blogging team of parents who will focus on answering key consumer product questions, as well as share their own personal parenting insights from a unique perspective of being a parent in the baby products industry.
Lastly, and to round out the program, Summer Infant recently launched on Facebook and Twitter. These platforms will be used to spread exciting news, events and information, and drive consumers back to www.summerinfant.com for additional content and product information.
About Summer Infant, Inc.
Based in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, the Company is a designer, marketer and distributor of branded durable juvenile health, safety and wellness products (for ages 0-3 years), which are sold principally to large U.S. retailers. The Company currently sells proprietary products in a number of different categories, including nursery audio/video monitors, safety gates, durable bath products, bed rails, infant thermometers and related nursery, health and safety products, booster and potty seats, bedding, travel accessories, sleep positioners, SwaddleMe® and wearable blankets, nursery furniture, and baby gear including, highchairs, bouncers, bouncers, playards and swings.